08 December 2007

Especially for the Kingsporters

So the other day, I walk into my 7th form (8th grade) class and see a brand-new map of America taped to the blackboard. I quickly see that it's in Russian, so don't really give it more than a passing glance. I do note, however, that the American landscape is covered with dots of various sizes and colors. I figured it had something to do with natural disasters and then proceeded to start to take attendance.
Predictably, however, my kids then dragged me back over to the map, eagerly asking where my family and I live. I point to some random blank space that looked about right (the States not having been labelled, it was a pretty vague gesture). But then my kids go, "Ahh...Kingsport!" I did a double-take, and realized that the dots on the map referred to the American industries....and Kingsport was a sizeable purple (for chemical plant) dot! Bigger than almost every other dot in the vicinity! So score one for good ole Ktown.

No comments: